Designed for musicians, the Zoom Q2n-4K Handy Video Recorder pairs high-resolution UHD 4K video capture with up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio recording. Five FOV (field-of-view) settings and one-button recording enable you to easily capture yourself and/or your bandmates, whether for disseminating to your social media accounts or for reviewing a rehearsal or performance.
HDR (high dynamic range) technology enables you to get correctly exposed shots, keeping your subject lit properly by not exposing for brighter stage lights, etc. The versatile Zoom Q2n-4K records video as MOV files in UHD 4K at 30/25/24 fps, in 1080p at 60/50/30/25/24 fps, or in 720p at 30/25 fps, capturing onto a microSD card up to 256GB at bit rates up to 76 Mb/s.
Its fixed-focus, wide-angle lens has a native 150° FOV and five selectable FOVs for framing wide and close-up shots as you choose. A wide f/2.8 lens aperture produces clear images in dimly lit locations and is augmented by 12 selectable scene modes. Each scene corresponds to a popular performance situation like Concert Light, Jazz Club, Outdoor, Monochrome, and Sepia. An automatic setting chooses the optimal scene mode based on ambient light.
The Q2n-4K’s stereo condenser mics are arranged in an X/Y pattern and can handle sound pressure levels up to 120 dB, standing up to even loud rock stages. An audio-only mode records standalone WAV files up to 24-bit/96 kHz. Audio functions include auto gain, a low-cut filter, a 3.5mm line-in/mic-in port, and a headphone output.
A USB port enables you to link the Q2n-4K to your computer or iOS device (may require separately available hardware) for data transfer or for use as a high-quality webcam for streaming over the web using Facebook, YouTube Live, Twitch, or other popular streaming platforms. The HDMI port can be used for viewing your video on a large display monitor.
The Q2n-4K is powered using two AA batteries (included), offering up to 30 minutes of recording time in UHD 4K, one hour in 1080p, or two hours at 720p. Use the bottom 1/4″-20 thread for securing the Q2n-4K to any standard tripod or to mount the separately available BCQ-2n external battery case.
- UHD 4K Video Recording with HDR
- Capture your performances in UHD 4K video at 30 fps or in 1080p60 HD video with HDR technology to automatically expose your subject instead of blown-out stage lighting.
- Sound Quality
- Stereo X/Y mics record high-resolution 24-bit/96 kHz audio and handle up to 120 dB SBL, ensuring clean recordings from almost any source that will hold up through post-production and publishing.
- Wide-Angle Lens
- The Q2n-4K features a 150° f/2.8 wide-angle lens, suiting it for recording in a wide variety of lighting environments. A color LCD screen enables you to quickly frame the perfect shot or review your videos.
- Audio-Only Mode
- Use the Q2n-4K’s ‘Camera Off’ setting to capture audio-only demos or live performances in stereo sound using the built-in X/Y mics.
- External Connections
- The Q2n-4K features a 3.5mm stereo input jack that lets you connect external mics and other audio devices. A 3.5mm stereo output jack makes it simple to listen to audio with headphones, through your home audio system, or even in your car.To view your video recording in high definition, you can connect to an HDMI TV using the micro-HDMI type D output. A USB port allows for connection to a computer or iOS device (requires separately available adapter) so you can use the Q2n-4K as a web camera for live streaming, as a USB microphone for podcasts, or as a card reader to transfer recordings (computer connection only).
- UHD 4K video recording up to 30 fps, HD video capture up to 1080p60
- HDR (high dynamic range) sees into shadowed areas, automatically exposing your subject rather than an overblown lighting effect
- High-quality 150° wide-angle lens
- Twelve scene options for use in different lighting environments, plus ‘Auto’ setting for automatically adjusting how the camera captures specific scene conditions
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones capable of handling sound levels up to 120 dB SPL
- Can be used as standalone audio recorder with data saved in WAV format, up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Records directly to microSD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 256GB for extended recording times
- Easy one-button recording
- Color LCD display for framing and playback
- UHD 4K, 1080p, and 720p recording up to 76 Mb/s
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs
- Records video (with audio) in MOV format
- Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and two-color status LCD on lens
- Auto Gain function for automatic control over audio input level
- Stereo input for use with external devices, plus support for plug-in power
- Headphone/line-level output for convenient audio monitoring
- Low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer
- Compatible with Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and other popular streaming applications
- Webcam and USB mic function (with direct monitoring) when used with computers and iOS devices (requires separately available Apple Camera Connection Kit, or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter for use with iOS devices)
- Operates with two AA batteries for approximately 30 minutes in UHD 4K 30 fps, one hour in 1080p30 HD, and two hours in 720 video