Designed to be lighter than their previous 3 MOS ENG style cameras, the Panasonic AJ-PX800 P2 HD AVC-Ultra Camcorder is a full-featured 2/3″ ENG style video camera with an interchangeable lens system. Please note that this item only includes the camera body and does not include the lens or viewfinder. Suitable for newsgathering, the camera captures Full HD at up to 59.94p, recording to optional P2 cards, or micro P2 cards with an optional adapter. Using codecs in the AVCULtra family allows you a choice of compression and data rate to suit your needs, and you can record proxy files on optional SD cards using the built-in SD media card slot.
It features an SD/HD-SDI, and an HDMI output, as well as a monitor output switchable between SD/HD and Composite. With both Genlock in and Timecode In/Out the the camera is suitable for multi-camera and single camera news coverage. The camera comes ready to interface with your network via the built-in Ethernet connector. You can attach an optional USB dongle to the camera for wireless connectivity using WiFi, 4G, or LTE. The camera features a variety of in camera image settings, including Flash Band compensation, which minimizes the effects of still photo camera flashes captured on video. The built-in Uni Slot accepts optional wireless audio recording.
- 2/3″ Type Interchangeable Lenses
- Compatible with 2/3″ type B4 bayonet mount interchangeable lenses allows you to choose from a variety of 2/3 type zoom lenses for broadcasting and other professional uses from third-party manufacturers.
- 3 x MOS sensors with 2.2 MP resolution, provide 1920 x 1080 Full HD images with a signal to noise ratio 62:1 dB.
- Built-In ND Filters
- Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64
Image Processing and Settings
- Chromatic Aberration Compensation: When using a CAC compatible lens, the camera compensates for the small amount of circumjacent chromatic aberration (circumjacent blur) that is not corrected by the lens.
- Dynamic Range Stretcher: Suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights to achieve a visually wide dynamic range.
- Advanced Flash Band Compensation.
- Select from 7 Gamma curves.
- Image adjustments include: H Detail, V Detail, Detail Coring, Skin Tone Detail, Chroma Level, Chroma Phase, Master Pedestal, Knee, Matrix (NORM1/NORM2/FLUO/CINE-LIKE), High Color, White Clip.
- The Scan reverse function allows you to horizontally or vertically flip your recording/display.
- 2x/4x digital zoom
- Slow shutter and Synchro scan function
Shooting Assist Functions
- User Interface “SmartUI”: Multiple function can be set easily with minimum operation, requires optional compatible LCD display.
- Focus Assist: “EXPAND” for center zoomed image and “Focus-in-Red” can be displayed on optional viewfinder.
- Focus Bar: Focus level shown as bar.
- Scene Files/User Files: Up to eight scene files can be stored onto an SD memory card.
- Gain: The position gain selector with assignable gain levels up to +42 dB (Super Gain.)
- User Buttons: Allow you to assign frequently used functions to specific buttons.
- White Balance: The camera features Shockless White Balance and Auto White Balance with auto-tracking.
- The camera can display a simplified Waveform, Vectorscope display, as well as two different Zebra bar patters selectable from 0 to 109% in 1% steps.
- Y-Get: Measures brightness at center and displays numerical data.
- Display Marker: Displays center marker, safety zone, and frame marker.
AVC-ULTRA Codec Family
- AVC-Intra: An intra-frame compression method that is highly suited to image production, AVC-Intra100/50.
- AVC-LongG: An intra-frame compression method that is ideal for providing on-air content direct from the shooting location and for workflows that use content transferred over the internet. Three bit rates are available: AVC-LongG50/25/12 Mbps. AVC-LongG25 provide 10 bit/4:2:2 quality at a bit rate of approximately 25 Mbps
- AVC-Proxy: Low-bit-rate, high-resolution, high-sound quality proxy video (Quick Time/H.264) includes metadata for efficient offline editing that can later be used to conform that original master files.
- HD/SD Multi Format/Multi Codec
- The camera supports 59.94 Hz/50 Hz switching for convenient use in productions headed for global use, and records 1080/60i,* 50i, 24p,* 25p, 30p* and 720p HD/SD multiple format. DVCPRO HD/DVCPRO50/DVCPRO/DV recording is also supported.
Note: 60i, 60p, 24p, and 30p are actually 59.94i, 59.94p, 23.98p, and 29.97p
P2 Dual Card Slots
- Supports microP2 cards with optional adapter.
- Simul Rec: Records simultaneously onto two P2 cards.
- Dual-codec recording: Records a low-rate AVC-Proxy file while recording main data in AVC-Intra/AVC-LongG.
- Hot-Swap Rec: You can hot-swap P2 cards for continuous non-stop rec, replacing one card as it fills up.
- One-Clip rec mode: Records up to 99 consecutive cuts as a single clip.
- Loop rec: Repeatedly records a pre-determined period of time, when the data card is filled, it will start overwriting the earliest recording on the card.
- Pre-rec: Continuously stores footage prior to pressing Rec Start, in effect allowing you to record before you press the record button.
Note: Not available in 24p, 25p, or 30p mode.
- Interval rec: Automatically records intermittently based on a set interval and recording time.
- One-shot rec: A frame-shot recording function useful for animation.
- Text Memo: Up to 100 memos can be posted onto a clip as bookmarks.
Note: Not available in loop rec., interval rec, or one-shot rec.
- Shot Marker: Used to mark clips as OK, NG, etc.
Note: Not available in loop rec., interval rec, or one-shot rec.
- 24 Bit Four Channel Audio Recording
- AVC-Intra and AVC-LongG modes support 24bit/48kHz/4CH digital audio recording. Audio source for each channel can be selected for each channel, choosing from mic-in, line-in and wireless receiver.
Note: AVC-LongG12 mode does not support 24 bit digital audio recording. Audio can be played back by using 24 bit digital audio equipment.
- Wired/Wireless LAN Network Functions
- The standard LAN (Ethernet) port allows network connection via a wired LAN. Installing the optional AJ-WM30 Wireless Module provides the AJ-PX800G with wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11g/n) connectivity, enabling access to the following functions from a network-connected PC/Mac, tablet device or smartphone:
- Proxy Preview: Plays back proxy files (AVC-Proxy), downloads file/clip information, displays and allows editing of metadata, and enables addition/ deletion of shot marks and text memos.
- Camera Remote: Allows confirmation of camera status and thumbnails and enables remote camera control (recording, time code setting, and user bits)
- Playlist Editing (direct mode): Playlists can be created using proxy video with a PC/Mac or tablet. The workflow can be streamlined to be faster by rough editing on location, and then transferring the content files. The results can be saved together with the edited playlist, then played out of the camera and/or copied using a web application.
- File Transfer: The FTP client function lets you transfer clips from the camera-recorder to a network.
- USB Dongle Slot
- Accepts optional 4G/LTE/WiFi dongles providing wireless connectivity including file transfer and proxy streaming.