Deliver live streaming video directly to viewers—with or without the Internet.
The MediaDS is a revolutionary real-time media encoding and live streaming video delivery platform—the first integrated production system establishing a direct link between the producers who create the content and the viewers that consume it.
Launch your own multi-channel content networks.
- Combines NewTek’s real-time video, audio and encoding tools with Wowza™ streaming software
- Stream directly to Facebook Live, Microsoft Azure, Ustream, Wowza Streaming Cloud, YouTube Live, and more
- Distribute locally to hundreds of viewers on your network without additional servers—or even an Internet connection
- Multi-channel streaming with 4 independent video channels and support for any combination of SDI or NDI®video sources
- Simultaneously operates as a 4-channel NDI video source, introducing additional capabilities into IP environments
The bridge between video production and audience consumption.
A fully integrated hardware and software solution merging NewTek’s industry-leading live production technology with powerful Wowza streaming software, the MediaDS makes it possible to deliver content from any production—or production system—directly to viewers. No additional services required.
Effectively democratizing video encoding and streaming for producers of live and linear programming, the MediaDS introduces a myriad of new opportunities for distribution, expansion and content monetization.
The MediaDS is fully equipped for existing and emerging SDI, IP, and hybrid workflows, with flawless, multi-format processing allowing supported source types to be used interchangeably on each channel. Streaming signals are acquired through direct, physical input using 3G/HD/SD-SDI hardware connections, over IP via NDI, NewTek’s innovative Network Device Interface technology, and from other sources, including TCP/IP, webcams, and USB capture devices.
Reach Every Audience
Freely flex your organization’s streaming video and media communications from local audiences to worldwide populations. With support for delivery to viewers on the local network through Wowza streaming software, in addition to all common streaming services, websites and CDNs, including Facebook Live, Microsoft Azure, Ustream, Wowza Streaming Cloud, YouTube Live, and more, your organization can reach all of your intended audiences, wherever they watch.
Signature Online Experience
Extend your brand and exposure beyond your actual video content. Each streaming channel includes its own independently customizable web page for audience viewing, with support for HTML and CSS editing to ensure that the on-screen experience adheres to your organization’s brand guidelines. Embed codes are also available to insert the hosted media player into existing webpages to complement your current web presence.
Extensive Channel Configuration
Introduce another layer of quality control into your signal flow, ensuring the optimal audio-visual experience for your viewing audience right from the system. With support for dedicated multiviewer monitoring, the local operator can observe all video streams in real time or focus on a specific channel full-screen, and manage image and sound quality with integrated waveform and vectorscope displays, independent color correction tools, and multi-channel audio level control available for every stream.
1 x 2 Balanced XLR (Line)
3 x 2 Balanced 1/4” (Line)
- Native support for network audio input and output via NDI
- Embedded audio supported for all NDI input and output video signals
- Integrated support for Dante™* networking protocol from Audinate®
* Requires Dante Virtual Soundcard license from Audinate (sold separately)
- 1080p 59.94, 1080p 50, 1080p 29.97, 1080p 25, 1080p 24, 1080p 23.98
- 1080i 59.94, 1080i 50
- 720p 59.94, 720p 50, 720p 29.97, 720p 25, 720p 24, 720p 23.98
- 576i 50
- 480i 59.94
Audio: Floating Point, 48 kHz
- 3G-SDI video conforms to SMPTE 424M (Level A)
- HD-SDI video conforms to SMPTE 292M
- SD video conforms to SMPTE 259M and ITU-R BT.656
- Analog audio levels conform to SMPTE RP-155
1RU chassis with 180W PSU
- 19.0 x 1.75 x 16.75 in (48.3 x 4.5 x 42.5 cm) with rack ears attached
- 15 lbs (6.8 kg)