The NewTek Connect Spark HDMI is a Wi-Fi-capable IP video converter designed for the NewTek open-source NDI standard. It supports up to 1080p59.94 video, and allows for remote recording to optional USB or microSD storage media. It can also be controlled via a web-based user interface for configuration and monitoring.
The NDI standard (Network Device Interface) allows all NDI-compatible video equipment to freely recognize and interact with one another, as long they’re connected to the same network over Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
Connect Spark HDMI is designed to provide an ideal way to get HDMI video into a computer or IP-based video workflow. It allows you to convert any HDMI source for compatibility with hundreds of NDI-compatible systems, devices, and applications that can be connected on the same network, enabling you to efficiently incorporate that HDMI source into IP-based video capture and production workflows.
You won’t need all the cables you normally would, but can rather send and receive video to/from your computer through the network. (Your computer would need to be NDI-enabled, and this is easily done with NDI software such as Connect Pro, sold separately.)
As soon as you plug the Connect Spark to a network, the HDMI source connected to it will instantly become available as an input for any NDI-compatible hardware and software on the network.
- Key Features
- HDMI video input with embedded audio
- Simultaneous HDMI loop-through out with embedded audio
- Support for 1080p and 720p video at up to 59.94 frames per second
- Remote configuration and monitoring via web-based user interface
- Remote recording onto microSD or USB storage media, with control via web-based interface
- Integrated tally lights
- Compatible with professional and prosumer production solutions, including NewTek live production systems and third-party video switchers, as well as software-based video tools like Livestream Studio, OBS, Streamstar SW, Telestream Gameshow and Wirecast, VidBlaster, vMix, XSplit, and all other NDI-compatible products (NDI version 2.0 or higher)
- Compatible with popular desktop video applications via included software driver, including Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, Skype, Skype for Business, WebEx, Zoom, and more