The ikan Konvision KVM-7050W 7″ SD/HD/3G-SDI/HDMI LCD On-Camera Monitor is an on-camera monitor that supports HD, NTSC, PAL, and SECAM. It autosenses and selects the appropriate signal format and features a 7″ LCD screen. The LCD features a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and 400 NIT brightness with an 800:1 contrast ratio that delivers a sharp, bright image. It has a 170° viewing angle, so you can see a clear image even if you are off to the side. It comes equipped with a Sony L type battery plate, one HDMI input, two 3G-SDI inputs, one re-clocked loop-through 3G-SDI output, one composite, and one component input. The monitor features an aluminum chassis with four 1/4″-20 threaded mounting holes (one on each side of the monitor) allowing you to mount it in almost any orientation you may need.
The KVM-7050W features built-in advanced display functions that spare you from having to carry additional signal display equipment. The built-in Waveform, Vectorscope, and Histogram displays provide you an objective look at your video signal. The monitor also features Peaking, False Color, and Zebra Bars, each one a valuable tool that the camera operator can use to check focus and exposure while shooting. The monitor scales the video to fit its screen and includes a 1:1 pixel mode for checking fine details of your image. The monitor also features an Underscan mode, so you can shrink the image within the screen to make sure you are seeing the edges of the frame. The on-screen display simplifies navigating through the menu system.
You can power the monitor via available Sony L type batteries or the 4-pin XLR power connector. The included AC to DC adapter uses a 4-pin XLR cable to power the monitor. The monitor supports Tally signals and includes a removable, folding sunhood and soft case.
- Hi Resolution LCD Screen
- The 1024 x 600 LED backlit TFT LCD screen features a 170° viewing angle up/down and left/right and high contrast and fast response time for a clean image. The 8-bit LCD displays over 16.7 million colors.
- 10-bit Processing
- The KVM-7050W features 10-bit internal processing for a smooth clean image with minimal processing artifacts.
- Progressive Display
- The default setting of the monitor displays all input signals as progressive frames. It automatically converts interlaced video to progressive video using Motion-Adaptive algorithms to minimize temporal artifacts. This affects the display image only and does not affect the pass through signal. Selecting the Fast mode in the image adjust menu disables this feature and allows interlaced images to be displayed without conversion to progressive.
- Featuring Composite, Component, SD/HD/3G-SDI, and HDMI inputs, the KVM-7050W supports SD/HD video in NTSC, PAL, and SECAM formats.
- The monitor is autosensing and will automatically select the correct signal format from the input signal.
- The monitor features two SDI inputs that support SD, HD, and 3G video signals.
- The loopthrough SDI output provides a re-clocked output of the active SDI input. The output is the same format as the input signal.
- A 3.5mm headphone jack on the front allows you to monitor the audio. The monitor supports audio embedded in the SDI signal and includes a 3.5mm jack for audio in. An audio level meter can display the audio levels of the SDI signal.
- The monitor features four 1/4″-20 threaded mounting holes: one on the bottom, each side, and the top.
- Removable Sunhood
- The included removable sunhood folds for storage and attaches to the monitor using the three included 1/4″-20 thumbscrews.
- The monitor features a two color (red and green) Tally indicator.
- The Waveform provides an objective evaluation of your video signal. It displays the brightness of your image on an IRE scale, allowing you to see if your image will clip, and where your black levels are.
- The Vectorscope display allows you to check the phase of your colors. The Vectorscope display also allows you to verify and check the overall tint and hue of an image.
- The Histogram provides a graphic depiction of how many pixels in your image are at each level between black and white.
- Peaking (focus assist) highlights the sharpest (most in focus) areas of the image with a color outline.
- False Color
- The False Color feature provides under/over luminance warning by presenting the image as a series of color values representing exposure. This allows you to easily judge the exposure values of the image and see areas of over or underexposure.
- Zebra Bars
- The Zebra Bars appear over areas of the image with IRE levels above the customizable setting; 95% is the default level. These pulsing bars overlay the image and indicate areas of over exposure.
- DSLR Scaling
- The DSLR Scaling function enables users to expand their DSLR camera’s HDMI video signal to fill the monitor’s screen if they wish. Users may choose from one of four scaling options: Normal, 3:2, 16:9, or Full Screen. This feature is only available when viewing images via the HDMI input.
- Movable Pixel-to-Pixel
- 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping allows you to look at parts of your image without any scaling, so you can see the actual detail and not be fooled by scaling artifacts
- The KVM-7050W features Picture-in-Picture and Side-by-Side display modes that allow you to display video from one of the SDI inputs and any other input on the screen at the same time. This mode does not allow you to display inputs from both SDI inputs at the same time, and it also deactivates 1:1 Pixel mapping.
- H/V Delay
- Displays the blanking interval of the incoming signal.
- The monitor features three selectable scan modes, Full Scan, Underscan, and Overscan.
- An on screen menu provides you access to the settings for the following:
- Picture: Picture Mode, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, Color, Hue, and Color Temp
- Image Adjust: Image Size, Scan Mode, DVI YUV (only for HDMI input signal), CTI, NTSC 7.5 IRE, Gray Mode, Blue Mode, Fast Mode, H/V delay (SDI signal only).
Part Zoom in
Scope (SDI only)