The Mini Converter Heavy Duty – Analog to SDI from Blackmagic Design is an extremely rugged device that accepts an HD/SD component, NTSC, PAL (composite), or S-Video signal and converts it to an SDI output (a second loop-through output is also provided). You can also choose to embed SDI audio from the balanced AES/EBU or L/R analog audio inputs. Use this device to convert video from sources such as Betacam SP, VHS, set-top boxes, HDV cameras, and other similar devices.
Converters in the Mini Converter Heavy Duty range are machined from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum and are generally designed to resist damage from rough use, whether outdoors or just in the course of live production. This super-strong Heavy Duty converter can withstand being run over by a truck and keep working. Its BNC and audio connections are protected by outcroppings of the aluminum body, unlike those on the standard Mini Converter line.
The converter features scratch-resistant laser-etched labeling, non-slip rubber feet, and a dust-resistant rubber boot that covers the mini configuration switches from dust and dirt.
- Sophisticated Inputs
- This Mini Converter features auto SD/HD switching, auto-switching AES/EBU and balanced analog audio on standard 1/4″ jack connections, and advanced 3 Gb/s SDI technology
- High-Quality SDI
- Mini Converters are built to the highest quality standards with low SDI jitter. You get the longest SDI cable lengths combined with ultra-low-noise analog video and audio for a true broadcast-quality solution. You also get broadcast technology such as re-clocking and 3 Gb/s SDI. A loop-through SDI output is also provided for connecting to other devices
- USB Upgrades
- Upgrades can be loaded via the USB connection for future video format compatibility. Use Blackmagic’s Converter Utility to make adjustments right from your laptop
- Versatile Format Support
- Mini Converters instantly switch between all SD and HD video formats whenever the video input changes. A huge range of standards are supported, including NTSC, PAL, 1080i59.94, 1080i50, 1080PsF/23.98, 720p59.94, and 720p50
- Easy-to-Change Settings
- With the Mini Converter’s mini switches, it’s as simple as using a pen to change the settings
- International Power Supply
- A high-quality, low-noise universal power supply is included with international socket adapters for all countries. To stop power accidentally being disconnected, a cable tie point is included to lock down the power connection tight and secure