Bring HDMI and 3G-SDI devices together for a full range of monitoring and recording solutions in the edit suite, on set or at live events. Convenient USB setup using AJA MiniConfig on Mac or PC for easy remote configuration.
HDMI to 3G-SDI Mini-Converter
HA5-Plus is AJA’s next generation HDMI-to-SDI Mini-Converter. The HDMI input is converted to 3G-SDI output for driving SDI monitoring solutions. Up to eight channels of HDMI audio are passed through to the SDI output as well as the ability to embed two channels of analog audio.
Full HDMI Support
The equalized input on HA5-Plus is engineered to support HDMI runs up to 30 meters in length using 24 gauge cable. Embedded HDMI audio support allows for a single cable solution to avoid unnecessary clutter and simplify installation.
Pristine Image Quality
A 3G-SDI output with PLL clock filtering ensures a low jitter output for solid image stability. An LED indicator shows the input source as either SD (green) or HD (red) for fast and easy signal identification.
Analog audio input
Using the two RCA analog audio inputs, embed any 2-channel analog audio signal into the SDI output to maintain proper audio sync throughout the workflow.
HA5-Plus accepts progressive standard definition signals at 525p and 625p for compatibility with DSLR cameras, allowing the signal from those cameras to be easily incorporated into SDI workflows.
USB and Mini-Config Support
AJA’s free Mini-Config software can be used with any USB-enabled AJA Mini-Converter and provides an easy-to-use graphical interface with detailed information about the current input and output formats. Control all the parameters of any supported AJA Mini-Converter as well as loading firmware updates from AJA that add new features and functionality.
Universal Power Supply
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a universal power supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
Compact and Portable
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can’t accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
AJA Quality – Guaranteed
All AJA Mini-Converters are covered by a five year warranty and AJA’s advanced replacement policy. If a replacement is necessary, AJA will ship a new unit immediately without the need to send the original unit back first, ensuring you are up and running again as quickly as possible.
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 1080i 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 720p 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i, 525i, 625p, 525p, 480p, 576p
Note: HDCP content not supported
• (HD) 1080i 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080p 50, 59.94, 60 – SMPTE 425-1 Level A mapping structure 1 (1920 x 1080 4:2:2 10-bit YCbCr)
• (HD) 720p 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i 25
• (SD) 525i 29.97
• HDMI with embedded audio, up to 8-Channels
• 3G-SDI with embedded audio
• 2-Channel RCA style analog audio (-10dBu nominal)
• SDI embedded audio
Size (w x d x h)
• 4.6” × 2.4” × 1”(117mm × 61mm × 25mm)
• Uses AJA power supply model DWP-U-R1, included with purchase
• 100-240V, 50/60 Hz universal input
• +5V DC regulated, 7.5 watt capacity
• Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)